Monday, December 26, 2011

Most Boring Christmas Evah!!!



I keep on telling myself, there's always a first time for everything. My first time to spend Christmas heer in Dubai, first time to be away from my family and first time to be alone. Just like an instant coffee,3 in 1. I was so excited for Christmas, I wanted to celebrate it even though I feel so lonely.

Just sharing how I celebrated Christmas in Dubai:

1. Christmas Eve: still have to go to work.
2. Went home at 8pm and found my roommate lying on the bed.
3. We decided to cook the ready-to-eat lechon paksiw my mom sent me from Philippines and ordered beef fried rice.
4. I also made fruit salad with only fruit cocktail and cherries.
5. Video calling with my family while eating dinner.
6. My roommate fell asleep afterwards. Video chatted with my cousins instead, one was in Manila, the other in Texas.
7. Got a call from one of my friends, went to their room to chat.
8. Then went to another friend's room to chat again until we realized it's officially Christmas!
9. Went back to my room at past 2am and it was like a ghost town in our place. So this is how they celebrate Christmas here? Definitely the most boring place evah!
10. Slept.


Christmas day:

1. Woke up almost noon.
2. Opened my computer and video called with my family again
3. Ate fruitcake while talking to them.
4. Did my laundry.
5. Clean our room.
6. Watched koreanovela.
7. Took a nap til my grandfather called me and was able to talk to my dad for a while.
8. Was invited by another friend to eat cake in her room.
9. We decided to order pizza and watched Modern Family.
10. Went back to my room, surfed the internet and slept.

So it was like a boring/crazy Christmas for me.

Christmas had already passed and I still can't believe I survived.

Still, nothing beats spending Christmas with your loved ones. No good food or expensive gifts can ever replace it.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment