Sunday, December 18, 2011

the dxb cab experience

WARNING: This post does not intend to discriminate anyone. 


It was a bright sunny Sunday for me. I feel happy and excited to explore "downtown" by myself. Actually, I was supposed to go at the post office, but I call it adventure as I do not know where it was 'til I googled it. Hailed the first cab I saw. I felt relieved when the cab driver suddenly spoke in Tagalog. He said he knows Tagalog because his girlfriend is a Filipina. So there he was, talking about his life, blah blah blah. Then suddenly started a conversation about his sex life with his girlfriend. What the?! I was pretending I can't understand and he suddenly asked if I prefer big or small d*ck. shiznit!. He's a Pakistani, by the way. He keeps on repeating it anyway so I guess it's okay if I disclose it. He also kept on comparing how Pakistani men are better in sex than Filipino guys. What do I know about that??? I don't want to judge all Pakistani men but he's a big shame to his countrymen. Such an asshole. Worse part, upon arriving at the post office, he asked me if I want to come with him some other time and he even gave me options!!!! If I don't want to have sex, we could just kiss!!!! I told him I am better off alone then left. Bullshit. I tried to forget that bad experience. I wanted to have a good time in my so-called downtown trip. After my agenda at the post office, I decided to hail another cab, going to Deira City Center, thinking it won't happen again. Now the cab driver looked quite serious. Good thing. Then suddenly, he started a conversation, the usual topic cab drivers always talk about, traffic, places... When we were almost at my destination, he offered to pick me up if I need a cab. I was thinking maybe like a service, when my friends and I need one. He asked what time I'll go home. Now I understood. I told him, I usually take the metro so no need for that. He kept on insisting then he suddenly put his hand on my knee! Oh no, not again!!! Another pervert cab driver!!!! I immediately went out of the cab, not even looking back. I was too preoccupied to just get out and leave, now I realized I should've get their names and reported them to the police or something.

I felt like part of it is my fault, coz I was too patient, i just kept listening and didn't talk back, but thinking about it, nobody deserves to be treated that way. Do I look like a prostitute to them?

I'm seeing the reality of life here in Dubai. Maybe I was imprisoned too much in my comfort zone, where securities are almost everywhere (but some of them are proven gay too!). At least no one has the guts to do such thing in their presence.

To sum it all: Learn from your experience. Don't talk to strangers. Trust no one. Keep of the grass. Eat all you can??? Haha. ^^,

I guess I'm too patient but now I am promising myself it will never happen again.

*Note: I am reiterating that not all cab drivers are bad but SOME are. Just be careful.






***Just talked to a friend regarding my experience and he said that these pervert cab drivers always have the same story: they have a Filipina girlfriend, they like to have sex, blah blah blah. So to all the girls living here in Dubai who still don't know all these crap, just be very cautious. Be vigilant.




No comments:

Post a Comment